Saturday, October 1, 2016

Friday, 9/30.....Yellowstone NP....

Another amazing day here in the caldera of Yellowstone NP....we saw boiling pools of mud and clay, more geysers - some of which empty into Yellowstone Lake - ate lunch along the Yellowstone River, hiked along the Grand Canyon of the Yellowstone and saw two awesome waterfalls along the way, saw some bison, and elk.....



Yellowstone is along the tourist route for the Chinese, as it seems about a third of the visitors here are from China at the moment....Molly is of great interest to many of them - a few because they seem afraid of dogs (are there many wild dogs in China, perhaps??)....and most just because she is so friendly and pretty!!!! These friendly people are taking many pictures of her back home with them, and it's funny to think about Molly being viewed by their friends halfway around the world! 



We have one more full day and night here in Yellowstone before we head northwest towards Montana on Sunday morning.....still plenty more to see....and then we'll need to take part of a day to do some laundry....perhaps in Anaconda, or Missoula....

I can't believe I waited until I was 65 to see this incredible national treasure...we ended the day as we did yesterday, with a sunset walk (off leash and highly illegal) along the shore of Lewis Lake, where we are again camping for the night....pasta bolognese tonight, with yet another Zinfandel....

This is a wonderful way to see the West - I'm not sure I'd ever have seen much of it if not for our RV...I have my lovely wife to thank for the idea! And, of course, it's a load of fun to have my pup along for the trip....interesting that the past two days/nights we went without hooking up for anything - no water, electricity, or dumping waste water! Powered our batteries via solar panels and watched our water usage carefully.....

I have a couple of short vid clips from yesterday that I'll include in the email to you, as I can't embed them I this blog, evidently....came across this pic on Amy's phone - me taking the symmetrical reflection video at Jenny Lake that we love.....all for now!










No comments:

Post a Comment