We were lucky yesterday to find a great woman at her laundromat in Nelson, willing to do our laundry! Left us free to further explore the town, and still have all fresh clothes for the final leg of our trip. Travel day today from Nelson - which we really enjoyed and would love to get back to again - to Whitefish, MT and onto Glacier National Park around sundown
We drove through Whitefish, as it was getting late, as we wanted to be sure to get to the campsite at Glacier NP (Agpar Campground, at the West Entrance) before sundown. Arrived in plenty of time. Most of the park's services are closed down for the winter, but this campground is open, with "primitive"services. We don't really need any services, as we are independent when we want to be!!! There are a few people in tents, an RV or two, but basically it feels deserted - which is really a wonderfully feeling. Right on McDonald Lake, one of the park's treasures. I did take a short video burst that I'll send along with the email link....we parked at the closed McDonald Lodge, and saw the sunset there - glorious! Then back to the campground for the night.
The campground has cell service which is really wonderful to have. Love keeping up on all of the political dramas!
Life this time of night in toutou is great - Molly has had her dinner and is napping, and Amy and I are in different parts of the RV on our iPads. Jazz via Pandora is on, the wine is flowing, it's toasty in here despite it being around 40 degrees outside. Dinner is heating up. Having chicken tonight, and a great Turley Zin '08.
Before we began this month-long trip, I thought we'd need to get off toutou mid-way, rent a nice big condo and spread out a bit. But, I haven't felt that urge to at all. It's really a terrific feeling to be self-contained, and I haven't noticed a need for "more space" at all.
We have one more dry day before the next storm comes through....we'll get out and hike a hit tomorrow.....


No comments:
Post a Comment