Spent Saturday in Walla Walla - a beautiful little town, centered on wine these days, but with a city center complete with many historical, pretty buildings. Highlight of the day had to be the dog park, where - and I kid you not - we saw a dog climb a tree! This black lab pup (maybe two years old) chased a squirrel along with Molly, but when she came to the big evergreen tree in which the squirrel had taken cover, proceeded fifteen feet up the tree, climbing among the many branches!!! When we came to her along with her human, we really did not know what to do. She was stranded with no obvious way down out of the tree. I really feared she was going to fall, and probably hurt herself seriously. I didn't know whether we should try and catch her, or call the fire department - who, as we all know, rescue many a stupid cat from trees. But a stupid dog????? In the end, she worked her way down to about ten feet, where she was whining, probably beginning to understand her predicament! I tried to make my way under her, but couldn't because of all of the branches. They eventually saved her, as she jumped/fell out of the limb she was on, and landed on some lower branches near the ground and finally was free. No harm done. I hope Molly doesn't think about it too much and think about climbing a tree of her own!
Had a yummy dinner in Walla Walla at Brasserie Four, and a delightful Rhone style red from B. Leighton, a local vintner.
Woke up to showers, yet again, so decided to head north to Sandpoint, ID, where I am typing this, a little before dinner. Hoping to maintain some internet connectivity to listen to the debate tonight. Will have a ragu and pasta, salad and bread. Wonderful campsite at Farragut State Park, on Lake Coeur d'Alene. Tomorrow we cross into Canada, and onto our northernmost destination, Nelson, BC. Hopefully the forecast for sunshine for Tuesday and Wednesday will hold, as we've really been looking forward to our time there. Today marks the start of our third week on the road. It's been a fantastic trip....
No comments:
Post a Comment