Thursday, September 29, 2016

Wednesday, 9/28.....Grand Teton NP......

Awoke to another glorious morning....had a conference call at 10, so Amy went hiking up Signal Mountain (view from the top of Signal, looking out over the famous Snake River):

....while Molly and I had coffee at Jackson Lake Lodge, with an amazing view of the Tetons...I'll try and attach a brief vid of the view to an email forwarding this blog link....after the call, she and I exercised a bit around Jackson Lake Dam, which dams the Snake River to form Jackson Lake....it's a wonderful, small earthen dam....with the Tetons in the distance.....

Lunch was in Jackson, followed by the acquisition of some vittles and other necessities.....we will decide in the morning whether we want to move directly on north to Montana and Canada, or visit Yellowstone NP first....tonight's dinner is chicken Marsala, and we're sipping a youngish but tasty 2012 Guigal Crozes-Hermitage, found in town today....

Thursday AM Update: we have decided to take advantage of the great weather and visit Yellowstone NP now instead of on our way back home a few weeks from now. We're excited - I've never seen it before and Amy's only visit was on a teen tour!  As I write this, I'm sipping my java on my bed with Molly sleeping outstretched on 3/4s of my bed. I think she feels that since she slept on the floor all night while I had the bed to myself, that she deserves most of it now! She's been fantastic on the trip - well-behaved and, of course, the center of attention wherever we take her.....


1 comment: