Sunday, September 25, 2016

Sunday, Sept. 25....Flaming Gorge......

Not much to report this first day, as it was mainly a travel day to the northwest, to Flaming Gorge National Rec Area. It did start out as another glorious morning in Mountan Star...


We arrived at FG late in the afternoon and had a great look at the large dam that created the lake behind it....I hope to take a tour of the dam tomorrow morning. I have a growing fixation with dams! Not to mention water tanks....

We'll find a nice hike in the morning somewhere around the gorge, and then head north to Jackson Hole (about a four hour drive), where we'll spend a couple of days in the area visiting Grand Teton NP....tonight we are drinking a lovely '09 Domaine Tempier Bandol, and will dine on roast pork loin with carrots, mashed potatoes, and green beans from our CSA. Leftovers from a dinner I made Friday PM....all three of us agree it's great to be on the road again!







1 comment:

  1. Enjoy! A glorious day here in Vail and we hiker Pitkin Lake.

    ReplyDelete