Monday, November 9, 2015

Nov. 9, Monday....Santa Fe....

Said good-bye to Taos on another bright sunny and cool morning....took the "High Road to Taos" road and stopped at the lovely little, pilgrimage town of Chimayo. 50,000 pilgrims travel to the sanctuary there during Holy Week - the largest pilgrimage in the U.S. Here's the church:

Pretty spot, and lots of crosses that people carry and leave there after their pilgrimage.

Then onto Sante Fe for lunch at Santacafe - we ate there a couple of times during our last visit to SF four years ago during Thanksgiving. Molly was six months old when we spent a handful of days there. Wandered around town a bit, and Amy got some new great-looking boots...
Molly was a hit with all the customers and sales ladies, until she tired and took her afternoon nap. I wasn't as fortunate. Santa Fe is great, I could live there, I think....

Then onto a transit spot just outside Albuquerque for a night, before heading south to Ruidoso, Cloudcroft, and Alamagordo tomorrow...65 and sunny when we pulled into camp, felt great! No freezing temps tonight.....chicken pot pie for dinner....




No comments:

Post a Comment